Friday, January 29, 2010

New Historybusting card decks for your kids


Kids love games, unfortunately most history related games, on and off line, resemble trivia contests, so they only test what kids already know. I have been looking for games that can actually teach kids new information. While considering the problem, I stumbled upon an old idea, cards. Couldn't I design a card deck, which would let kids play all of their favorite games while giving them a little history at the same time? The following card decks are the result.

Please give them a try and let me know what your kids think. I know that with my own group of first through third graders, they loved playing war with the deck and the players all understood how BC and AD dates worked within one afternoon, and I barely had to explain a thing.

So without further ado, here come the cards:

Card Decks
Classical Conquest Deck
HTML, Word
Medieval Conquest Deck
HTML, Word
Renaissance Mind Deck
HTML, Word
Reformation Conquest Deck
HTML, Word
Hawaiian Conquest Deck
HTML, Word
Not a member?
I have also posted a copy of Classical Conquest just for you. Here are the links:
Classical Conquest

No comments: