Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The best way to teach Geography

The other day, I saw a three year old on Oprah who could point out every country on a world map. The entire audience was amazed. I, on the other hand, was not. Every two year has the capacity to learn geography. They love color, they are infinitely curious, and they love interaction. All they need is a map and a parent who tells them what the counties are. Their ability to absorb information at that age will do the rest.

In other words, if you want your child to know Geography, you need to get them a world map. My mother likes to tell me about the map puzzle she had as a child. I have put together a widget to get you started. I particularly like the map placemat and the wooden world map floor puzzle, but all of the products are good.

Happy historybusting...


No comments: